Can I wear a brown and black outfit? This is by far one of the most asked questions each Fall and Winter! The answer is a resounding YES. Especially in 2022, when anything goes, and earth tones are more popular than ever before. When paired together, a brown and black outfit is one of my favorite color combinations for cooler months.
Affiliate links may be used in this post. To learn more, please review our full disclosure statement below (on mobile) or to the right (on desktop). Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The problem though, is that somehow this color combination became a fashion no no. I can see why. Some believe the colors clash. But when done right this color combination creates a beautiful outfit. I’m a huge fan of a neutral wardrobe and for Fall and Winter these colors couldn’t be more perfect. Naturally, brown brings out the earthy tones that many Fall wardrobes entail, while black balances the earth tone, adding a touch of elegance to the pairing.
Brown and Black Outfit Ideas
Brown and Black Outfit Tips
Wearing a brown and black outfit is a lot easier than you think. Below are a few tips to follow as you create your own brown and black outfit at home.
- Stick with a true flat black tone: Black comes in all variations, from charcoal to pure black. For black to complement brown the best, I find that wearing pure black pieces are the way to go.
- Camel, Pure Brown/Walnut, and Deep Chocolate are, in my opinion, fail proof tones to pair with black. Other brown tones that pull red or orange undertones generally aren’t as versatile.
- Wear a primary piece with BOTH colors in it. If you’re unsure if you can pull off this color combination in an outfit, try incorporating a primary piece that has both colors already in it. Maybe a leopard scarf, striped sweater, floral blouse, or fun shoes. With an anchor piece, you can easily incorporate other solid brown and black items into your outfit.
- Mix textures to add interest to your brown and black outfit. Some people may view these two colors as boring, so make it fun to wear! Try vegan leather pants paired with a chunky sweater.
- Avoid bright colors: This is key because brown and black work best together when they are the primary focus of an outfit. Bold colors can take away from the look you are going for.
READ NEXT: WINERY OUTFIT IDEAS
7 Brown and Black Outfit Ideas
Here are my favorite ideas and inspiration for how to wear brown and black this year. Which is your favorite?
Striped Tee // Wool Coat // Leggings // Sneakers // Tote Bag
Sweater // Jeans // Boots // Belt // Sunglasses
Sweater // Jacket // Jeans // Boots // Purse
Sweater // Jacket // Jeans // Boots
Sweatshirt // Jacket // Leggings // Boots // Hat
Top // Jeans // Coatigan // Boots
Bodysuit // Vegan Leather Pants // Shoes // Purse
MORE OUTFIT IDEAS: FAMILY PHOTO OUTFITS
SHOP THIS POST
If you like this post, please share it! All of the images in this post can be pinned to Pinterest for future reference. You can also share it on any social media platform or email it to your friends. I appreciate your support. Don’t forget that you can get posts delivered directly to your inbox by subscribing to our emails!
Thanks for stopping by!
The post Brown and Black Outfit: 7 Ways to Wear the Combination appeared first on Penny Pincher Fashion.