Pineapple is a very delicious fruit and provides lots of health benefits. One thing that pineapple is famous for is its peel because it provides a very strong and eye-catchy look to it. Like many other fruits, there are also many dishes which are made using pineapple flavouring. And today, we will discuss two mouth-watering and sweet recipes using pineapple.
Both the dishes, recipes of which we are about to share with you today are loved by millions of people.
The first one is delicious fresh pineapple cake and the second dish is a pineapple halwa.
Starting the journey with an easy recipe of pineapple cake!
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup maida
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 cake tins, 8 inch round- lined with butter paper or greased and floured
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup of the pineapple syrup
- 2 cups cream- chilled and whipped
Baking Process: –
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Take a cake pan and grease its base well. Sprinkle flour or granulated sugar to cover it well.
- Take a mixing bowl and break the eggs in it.
- Now add salt, vanilla, sugar, and baking powder in the eggs. Beat them all together until the mixture becomes light and foamy.
- Add 1 tablespoon of maida with light cutting, downward, upward and outward strokes in the mixture prepared till step no. 4.
- Now take a small amount of Maida and mix it the same way. Do not mix all the maida at once.
- Pour all the mixture in the already greased cake pan.
- Put the cake pan in the preheated oven and let it bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- To check if the cake is baked well or not, put a knife and check if it comes out clean or not.
- Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool for some time.
- Put a layer of pineapple syrup on the cake and place some chopped pineapple.
- Now repeat the whole process and get another cake layered baked.
- Put the second cake on the first and add a layer of pineapple syrup.
- Cover the whole cake with chilled and whipped cream and top with chopped pineapple.
- Gallop and Enjoy!
Now is the time for the second recipe which is Pineapple Halwa!
- 1 peeled pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 4 Tbsp of ghee
- 1 cup of semolina
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup of khoya
Pineapple Halwa Making Process:
- Take a non-stick pan and heat it.
- Now add water and sugar. The amount of water should be enough to soak the sugar.
- Stir continuously and consistently until the sugar dissolves completely in the water.
- Take the pineapple and remove all the hard parts and stem from it.
- Chop it in very fine pieces and add them to the water and sugar mixture.
- Now add saffron and cook on the very low heat. Saffron will make the taste more relishing.
- Take another non-stick pan and heat ghee in it.
- Add semolina to the ghee and stir on medium heat until it becomes a little golden.
- Now add pineapple mixture prepared on step no. 5 and almonds into the ghee.
- Mix it all well and be careful while doing this.
- After 5 minutes of cooking on low heat, add Khoya and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat because your Pineapple Halwa is ready.
So, these were the two simple, quick, and easy recipes that you can make using pineapple. There are many health benefits of eating pineapple as it is full of nutrients and contains disease-fighting antioxidants. It can help boost your immune system and can help to reduce the risk of cancer. Mixing pineapple in your other dishes as we did with cake and Halwa gives you the chance of enjoying your fatty food with a blend of many health benefits.
You can try these recipes on your holidays and on special occasions like your birthdays and anniversary. If you get stuck somewhere while trying these recipes out, we recommend you to take help of video recipes.
Have a happy and sweet meal!